Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day One of #ISTE2014 is in the Books.

Day 1 at ISTE is in the books.  Quick takeaways from the day.  This is a really big conference.  In a really big building and there are a lot, and I mean a lot of people.  14,000 people at one conference; really big.  It may be too big.

I picked up my registration information early to beat the crowd and get a lay of the land.  I had forgotten how much walking I'm going to have to do for this conference.  Things are really spread out.  I came back for the ignite session only to see extremely long lines to get into a space not large enough to handle a 1/3 of the people that wanted to get in.  Ended up watching some of the sessions at the Bloggers' Cafe.

The line to get into the keynote with Ashley Judd went from one end of the building to another.  The building has to be at least 2-3 blocks long.  We opted to watch the keynote in the Bloggers' Cafe.  Why fight the crowds.

The keynote was interesting.  I thought the story told by Ashley Judd was a powerful story.  Not sure, In my mind at least, how appropriate the talk was for the intended audience.  The longer the keynote went on the emptier the Bloggers' Cafe became.  I just think people were looking for something different.

I did enjoy talking to people I haven't seen in awhile.  The game on the ISTE app sure helped in meeting new people.  Looking forward to what I can learn today at ISTE.  I'll share later.

No comments:

Post a Comment