Monday, December 21, 2009

Gadgets from 2009


This year was a great year for gadgets.

The first gadget I bought was not for me but for my wife. We bought an Acer netbook, she loves it. I took it with me to the opening night of NECC2009, but I felt like it was too dificult to type on. I did like the netbook enough to buy my daughter one for her 12th birthday.

The second gadget was a Flip camera. I got this for work. I like having it handy to catch some footage of the great things teachers and students are doing in the classroom.

Gadget number 3: The Kindle. I LOVE my Kindle. If you would have told me last year that I would be doing the majority of my reading on a digital e-book I would have called you crazy.

My fourth and final gadget is the Motorola Droid. I just got the Droid and I really do like it. I replaced my perfectly functioning Blackberry for the Droid and so far I do not regret the decision.

With all of these new gadgets I really do feel like the "digital nerd" my daughter calls me. But you know what? I don't care! I like my gadgets and I really do believe they will make me more productive in 2010. If not they will definitely help to keep me distracted from the things I should really be doing.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at the Droid last night. It's going to have to wait another year, but I'll be getting the newest version then!

    Hope the holidays are treating you well.

    ReplyDelete